IP-enabled 15 W Hazardous Location speaker
The IP15X Speaker is capable of operating in a stand-alone configuration. Each of the (4) activation inputs can be triggered by a push-button or contact closure. The (4) activation inputs can be configured from the web interface to play any of the (163) Standard Informer Messages & Tones to meet your application needs.
- Outdoor or indoor IP-enabled speaker for audible and visual alerts
- Speaker rated at 112 dB for tones and 107 dB for pink noise at 10 feet
- Seven standard built-in warning signals: Wail, Steady, Alternate Wail, Alternate Steady, Pulsed Wail, Pulsed Steady, Auxiliary Chime
- Broadcasts live voice, text-to-speech, and pre-recorded voice or tone files
- Deliver intelligible voice messages from locally pre-recorded files
- Pre-recorded files: up to 4000 messages with 17 hours of recording time
- Ambient-noise-level monitoring with automatic volume control
- Each device can be remotely configured for volume and noise-level adjustments
- Speaker as microphone for talk-back feature
- Alerts can be sent to single devices, groups or zones, or all devices
- Wall mount
- Web interface for configuration
- Four local alarm initiation inputs, with configurable priority to activate unit locally or standalone operation Momentary mode: contact closure sounds alarm for programmed duration. Continuous mode: sounds alarm for duration of closure
- One open collector output paired with 24 Vdc for controlling an external relay
- Integrated Modbus® TCP Industrial PLC interface for control and monitoring *Series C feature – contact FS support for update information on non-Series C
- Integrated SIP phone interface for live PA, remote .wav file and function control using standard SIP phones
- High-intensity LED light that can be activated independently or with messages
- Models available with Amber, Blue, Green, Red, and White LEDs
- Wide variety of flash patterns
- Power over Ethernet using 802.3at PoE+ 25.5 W *I-IP15 models
- 24Vdc Power *I-IP15-024 models
- Wide operating temperature range
- Federal Signal Commander software provides activation, full two-way control, and status monitoring
- Allows remote software upgrades
- NEMA 4x enclosure
- UL and cUL listed for class1, Division 2; Class II, Division 2; Class III locations
- Complies with FCC Title 47, Part 15
The IP15X Speaker is a 15-watt, IP-enabled indoor and outdoor speaker. It can be used as a warning and alert device with both audible and visual indicators in hazardous locations. The audible capabilities include locally stored high-quality, high-powered tones and voice messages. The visual indicators include the use of external devices* such as: message board/scrolling display sign support, strobes, lights, and beacons. The IP15X can be equipped with up to four local initiation devices (external switches*) to activate the unit locally and to the Commander® controller for mass notification communications.
The IP15X Speaker has an internal 15-watt amplifier/driver to deliver tone warnings and intelligible voice messages from its stored memory. This speaker also has several unique capabilities when working with the Federal Signal Commander software. Using Commander software, the speaker can play text-to-speech, stream .WAV files or can broadcast live PA. In addition, Commander software can perform a talk/listen to individual speaker’s to allow call box type communications. The IP15X also has remote volume control for optimizing sound levels across your alerting area. The remote volume control also includes an ambient-noise monitoring capability to automatically adjust the volume depending on external noise levels.
This IP15X speaker allows connection of up to four external switches to activate predefined alert events. It can be programmed and configured as a standalone device to only use the inputs to activate the IP15X. This may be useful if the location has no network connectivity, but where voice and tone alerts from locally activated inputs is required. The IP15X speaker can be networked later and the activations can be brought into the Commander system for full system capability. When the IP15X is networked using the Commander software, alerts initiated at the IP15X can be used to activate other devices. The Commander software system can also alert emergency personnel via email, SMS, and hand-held radios using optional messaging software.
The IP15X speaker includes one output to control the visual indicator and output to activate external relay, which can be used to control external devices. It has two 1/2-inch NPT opening on the bottom of the speaker for simple installation of pipe-mount devices. The openings allow access to LAN, open collector output, and activation inputs. The Commander system allows multiple configurations for activation of the open collector output or visual indicator during alerts.
The IP15X speaker is designed for outdoor use and large indoor structures. It is available in a PoE+(802.3 at) power via a local Ethernet model or in a 24Vdc model. All wiring interfaces are accessible via internal connectors and built-in NPT entrances for quick and easy installation.
|Input Voltage||Power over Ethernet (PoE+ 802.3at) requires 25.5W|
|Alarm initiating inputs||Four optically Isolated Inputs|
|Audio Storage||Prerecorded files—up to 4000 messages with up to 17 hours of recording time|
|Operating temperature range||-30 °C to +65 °C / -22 °F to +149 °F|
|Physical Dim. (H x L x W)||13.9 in x 10.2 in x 10.0 in (35.3 cm x 25.9 cm x 25.4 cm)|
For more detail information, please visit Federal Signal’s Website.